You can check out my old school website at cpescounselor.weebly.com.
What are the important things to include?
School Counseling Program
Some ideas you could include:
- Parent Resources: book lists, links to parenting websites
- Student Resources: middle school information, anything that you show or share during a lesson, pbskids.org information pages
- FAQ page
- Blog: I embedded this in my school website long before I started counselorup.com - I used it to share what we were doing in our classroom lessons, school events, etc.
Things to Avoid
- Too much personal information
- Outdated information
- Leaving important information "below the scroll" - if visitors have to scroll down, they might miss it
- Too many fonts
- Large blocks of text
- Counselor-specific domain name for a whole department
- Burying your website in your school site so that it's hard to find